In the March 2011 issue of Farm Equipment, we incorrectly reported that MacAllister Cat acquired Michigan Cat and added the Challenger line to the new Michigan stores.
Mike Laethem co-owner of Farm Depot of Caro, Mich., contacted us to point out the error. In his note, Mike pointed out the following, which corrects the item that appeared under Dealers on the Move, p. 10 of the March issue:
- It is true that MacAllister acquired Michigan Cat.
- However, Michigan Cat did carry Challenger scraper tractors and officially was the Challenger dealer in Lower Michigan. Michigan Cat had a sub-dealer arrangement where Farm Depot sold and serviced all Challenger ag tractors in Lower Michigan. This agreement has been in effect since the first contract between Michigan Cat and AGCO was signed.
- After the sale of Michigan Cat, Michigan Cat’s contract with AGCO was terminated.
- There are no MacAllister locations in Michigan that sell new Challenger equipment.
- Farm Depot has been appointed and contracted to be the exclusive Challenger dealer in the lower peninsula of Michigan.
- Farm Depot has been the exclusive RoGator and TerraGator dealer in Lower Michigan and now is contracted directly with AGCO to sell Challenger exclusively in the Lower Peninsula. (Ziegler Cat has exclusive rights to the Upper Peninsula.)
Farm Equipment regrets the error.