How Farmers are Teaching Old Tractors to Think for Themselves — that’s the title of a recent Wall Street Journal article covering how OEMs like AGCO, Deere and CNH are expanding their presence in the retrofit market to ease the transition to more automation.
According to EquipmentWatch’s 2022 Highest Retained Value Awards, John Deere had the highest 5-year residual value in tracked tractors at 67.3% among manufacturers, above the 57.9% category average.
Northeast China could soon become a hotbed for international industrial investment, according to an Oct. 23 report from New China News Agency.
Yanmar Turkey announced Oct. 12 the inauguration of its Tractor Production Plant in Izmir, Turkey.
The Nigerian government said John Deere intends to open a tractor assembly plant in the country, according to an Oct. 31 report from Nairametrics.
In a Nov. 4 report from The Wall Street Journal on retrofit kits for autonomy, AGCO stated 7% of farmers globally replace their equipment every year, leaving 93% using older models as potential customers for upgrades.
According to CEMA, an industry trade association, the general business climate index for the European ag equipment industry has again fallen month-over-month.
Manitou Group has announced an agreement to acquire 75% of COME S.R.L, a company specializing in the production of mechanically welded parts, and 75% of Metal Work S.R.L, a company specializing in laser cutting.
Each monthly issue of Ag Equipment Intelligence is like getting one-on-one personal advice from the world's most trusted ag equipment industry experts. Advice that hasn't been watered down or distorted by outside influence, providing the latest and most insightful farm equipment analysis. AEI explores where the ag equipment industry is going — not just where it's been. No filler. No bias. No conflict of interest. You can access the PDF issue archive by clicking here.
In this episode of On the Record, brought to you by Associated Equipment Distributors, we talk to a Solectrac executive about the company's search for a new investor. In the Technology Corner, Noah Newman talks about the majors' growing presence in the precision retrofit market.