The 2018 corn and soybean harvest is chugging slowly to completion, but it has remained a slow go.
According to USDA’s Nov. 11 Crop Progress report, 84% of the corn crop is out of the field and 88% of soybeans are in the bin. For corn this represents an 8% increase in harvested acres during the past week. This is 3% ahead of last year on this date and 3% behind the 5 year average for corn harvested at this point in the season.
At 88%, soybeans are a bit ahead of corn. This is only a 5% increase since the previous week’s total harvested acres. It’s behind both the year-ago and 5 year average for soybeans harvested by this date, which was 93%.
Post a comment
Report Abusive Comment